75th Annual Grand Rapids Boat Show Fact Sheet
More Great Lakes Boats help Celebrate 75 Years of
Boats and Outdoor Water Recreation in Michigan!
February 19-23 at DeVos Place, Downtown Grand Rapids
Michigan’s Boat Show with the longest running tradition also has the reputation for the finest style. The Grand Rapids Boat Show started in 1946 as the West Michigan Sportland Boat Show in the Welsh Auditorium, with less than 25,000 square feet of space. It is now in its glory of 250,000 square feet (5.74 acres) of pillarless display space throughout the main exhibition halls, Steelcase Ballroom, Grand Gallery and Grand River Overlook where more than 400 boats from over 100 manufacturers and 35 dealers are displayed side-by-side.
The Boaters of the Great Lakes State have embraced this grand tradition every winter for 75 years and this year they’ll find everything from aluminum fishing boats and personal watercrafts, to pro style ski and bass boats, luxury pontoon boats, runabouts, deck boats and big boats like yachts and cruisers…including the 42’ Regal Grande Coupe, recognized as this year’s “Queen of the Show.”
For the past several years an excellent showing of Cruisers, Tiara, Powerquest, Robalo, Scout, Boston Whaler, Ranger Tugs, Yellowfin, Regal Yachts and Cobalt have been on display. This year, these great lines will be joined by some very special brand new vessels that have been rocking the boat shows across the country:
- Pursuit- The new S-408, The largest of the Pursuit line; a center console with luxury amenities on display by Walstrom Marine
- Carver – C37 Coupe – Luxury and smooth performance shown by Jefferson Beach Yacht Sales
- Tidewater – 252 LXF – Family Friendly Center Console shown by Anchorage Yacht Sales
- Four Winns – Vista 355 Coupe – Michigan Made Cruiser Shown by Hall’s Sport Center
- Formula – 350 Crossover Bowrider shown by Lakeside Formula
- Blackfin 332cc – Winner of the Miami Boat Show Innovation Award – Florida Sportsman – Best Boat recognition – shown by Grand Pointe Marina
- Monterey – 335 SY Luxury and Performance shown by Grand Pointe Marina
- Valhalla – Viking Yachts offering of Center Consoles: the Valhalla 33 will be shown by Jefferson Beach Yacht Sales
- Scarab 285 – the largest Jet Boat made with twin 300’s will be displayed by Hall’s Sport Center
Other special features at the 75th Annual Grand Rapids Boat Show include:
- West Michigan Offshore is proud to showcase its 37’ Outerlimits Stiletto featuring Twin 572, 700HP engines and a Konrad ACE drive package.
- TheAction Water Sports – HO Sports Tubers Truckload Sale
- Twiggy, the Water Skiing Squirrel will perform daily at the Boat Show outside of the Ballroom. This international star is not to be missed by attendees.
- Appearances by Pro Wakeboarders & Wakesurfers
- Vintage & Wooden Boats from Water Wonderland Chapter of Antique & Classic Boat Society
- The pop-up Lake Life Boutique featuring beach / boat wear from Tommy’s Walloon Outlet along with specialized food, drinks, live music and kids’ activities from Barrel Back Restaurant on Walloon Lake
- Suit up and try out the SCUBA Dive Tank presented by Great Lakes Dive Locker
- Boater Safety Certification (Saturday only) presented by the Kent County Sheriff’s Department Marine Division.
- Great dockside drinks and appetizers at theKey West Crab Shack, with trop-rock music from Don Middlebrook
- Look for Gizmo D. Robot as he strolls the Show, visiting with kids of all ages
- Plus, boat accessories, marine electronics, lifts and docks, ski and wakeboard equipment and more.
75th Annual Grand Rapids Boat Show is one of 14 consumer expositions produced by ShowSpan Inc., in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1945, ShowSpan – a Studio C Company – is the largest producer of consumer shows in the Midwest.
WHERE: DeVos Place in Downtown Grand Rapids. 303 Monroe St NE
Wednesday, February 19 2:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday, February 20 12:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday, February 21 12:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, February 22 10:00am – 9:00pm
Sunday, February 23 11:00am – 5:00pm
PRICES: $12 adults, $5 children aged 6 to 14. Kids 5 and under are admitted free.
PARKING: There is plenty of close by parking – beneath DeVos Place, across the street and connected by skywalk. For more information, click here.
**NEW** Take the complimentary trolley…just park in the Dash Lot Area 9 on Seward ($2 total) and hop aboard the Trolley which will be making runs on an 8-minute loop for an hour before the show opens to an hour after the show closes each day.
MEDIA CONTACT: Dianna Stampfler, GR Boat Show Publicist: Dianna@PromoteMichigan.com | 269-330-4228
STOP BY THE COAT CHECK BEFORE LEAVING THE SHOW TO RECEIVE A RE-ADMISSION WRIST BAND, WHICH GETS YOU BACK INTO THE SHOW – FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE – ALL WEEK/END LONG!