2019 MEDIA FACT SHEET
WHAT: 21st Annual Michigan International Auto Show
Thursday, January 31 11:00am – 9:30pm
Friday, February 1 11:00am – 9:30pm
Saturday, February 2 10:00am – 9:30pm
Sunday, February 3 10:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday, January 30 12:30pm – 3:00pm (MEDIA PREVIEW WALK THROUGH)
Wednesday, January 30 6:00pm – 9:30pm (Charity Spectacular – Benefitting Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital and live broadcast from 7-8pm on WOOD TV8)
WHERE: DeVos Place in Downtown Grand Rapids. 303 Monroe St NE
INFO: Your drive starts here!
This Auto Show is the greatest annual opportunity for the public to view their “next new car” with hundreds of new vehicles on display – trucks, SUVs, crossovers, hybrids and luxury vehicles. With factory representatives from nearly 35 different manufacturers.
Sit inside these automobiles to see how they feel when it comes to leg room, interior height, dash design and storage. Product specialists are also on hand to answer questions about the latest trends in technology, security, eco-friendly features and performance.
- Gentex’s Michigan-themed 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 (w/ modified crew cab for camping and outdoor adventure) along with ArtPrize 3D digital display Horizon – an immersive art experience by Phantasm and featuring Cadillac.
- West Michigan made firetrucks from HME Ahrens-Fox as part of a recognition of First Responders (including FREE admission on Opening Day – Thursday, January 31 for active EMS, Fire, Police, Public Safety, Coast Guard and also current and retired Veterans who can show valid I.D., badge or other verification).
- Vintage Vehicles in the Grand Gallery presented by Gilmore Car Museum (including the 1982 DeLorean DMC-12).
- Luxury models from Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Maserati, McLaren, Porsche, Rolls Royce, etc., in the Million Dollar Motorway.
- Great American Muscle Cars from Chevrolet, Ford and Dodge (including the 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye).
- Toyota Drive Center – a chance to get behind the wheel of select vehicles and take them for a spin around downtown (select times each day).
- Trucks, trucks and more TRUCKS – an impressive line-up including the Harley Davidson Ford limited edition pick-up, the 2019 Truck of the Year (Ram 1500), the Shelby Baja Raptor from Ford, the 2019 Jeep Gladiator pick-up, the 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (as well as a 1999 EV Ford Ranger in the Gilmore display), the 2019 GMC Sierra with its MulitiPro Tailgate and more!
- Be sure to stop by the Pridgeon & Clay booth to meet Baxter the Robot or be on the lookout for Gizmo the Robot, who will be wandering the show floor, entertaining attendees of all ages.
Official Show Program: https://www.showspan.com/MAS/show-program/
Official Show Floorplan: https://www.showspan.com/MAS/home/floor-plan/
PRICES: $12 adults, $5 children aged 6 to 14. Kids 5 and under are admitted free.
PARKING: There is plenty of close by parking – beneath DeVos Place, across the street and connected by skywalk. Event parking is $10 per day. For more information, click here.
Dianna Stampfler, Show Publicist – (269) 330-4228 / email@example.com