FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Dianna Stampfler, Show Publicist (269-330-4228 | email@example.com)
Dawn Baker, Show Manager (616 447-2860 ext. 1011 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
Henri Boucher, Show Producer (616-447-2860 | email@example.com)
Can’t Miss Vehicles & Special Features
at the Michigan International Auto Show
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — Each year, hundreds of the latest and greatest vehicles motor into DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids for the Michigan International Auto Show – this year, January 31 through February 3. From sleek sports cars to powerful muscle cars, roomy SUVs to industrious trucks, there is something for everyone and every driving experience at this year’s event.
- Step inside the Million Dollar Motorway where nearly 20 vehicles (collectively valued at more than $4.6 million) will be on display including the 2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe with an MSRP of over $600,000. This limited edition is one of only 63 vehicles was produced to mark Lamborghini’s founding year of 1963. Featuring the outstanding performance of the new 770 CV naturally-aspirated V12 engine combine with its unique color and trim emphasizing the abundance of carbon fiber in the design. Also look for the Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series – a limited-run coupe. Similar to other exclusive limited-production exotics, only 500 911 Turbo Exclusives will be sold worldwide – so don’t expect to see too many around.
- The 2019 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year is the Hyundai Kona/Kona EV – “the first mass-marketed electric car that truly works for the mass market. A livable EV range, affordable price and practical cabin combine with lively driving dynamics to make the Kona EV a true pleasure to drive. It’s the kind of EV that could convince the most ardent EV-skeptic,” says Jamie Page Deaton, executive editor at S. News & World Report Best Cars.
- It’s no easy task to update the look of an icon. It’s a no-win proposition. Do too much (or too little), and the critics will howl. But the 2019 Jeep Wrangler nailed it. It’s no wonder they snagged the 2019 MotorTrend SUV of the Year. Look past the iconic grille, and you’ll see it. Behold the latest evolution of a seven-decades-old design, a soul-stirring affirmation of freedom, a surprisingly groundbreaking vehicle that shouldn’t work in the 21st century as well as it does. The new Jeep Wrangler is what crossovers want to be when they grow up. We’ll have the MOAB, Sahara and Rubicon models on display at the show.
- The Jaguar I-PACE First Edition is the latest entry into a growing segment of electric vehicles. This crossover promises to go to-to-toe with the Chevy Bolt EV and the Tesla Model 3. Armed with unrivaled luxury, spectacular performance and an impressive electric driving range, the I-PACE is a welcome addition to the Jaguar family. It is available in four grades: S, SE, SHE and a limited First Edition (with TWO on display in Grand Rapids).
- The Audi A8 is poised to take over the executive class, as the flagship luxury sedan. Completely redesigned for 2019, this fourth-generation A8 features a new V6 engine including a mild hybrid starter/generator and Executive rear-seat package includes wireless tablet for control and even a foot rest and massager in the rear passenger side. Talk about VIP treatment. The A8 also features a level 3 automated driving system as it marches toward the goal of a fully autonomous vehicle.
- It is luxury exemplified, inside and out – the 2020 Lincoln Aviator Black Label. Just last week, the 2020 Lincoln Aviator was voted best-in-show in The Detroit News’ annual Readers’ Choice Awards. One-hundred judges selected from the public chose for the top honor the luxurious Aviator, which debuted last fall at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The 2019 Lincoln Navigator, which earned the top Readers’ Choice Award last year, won this year for top road-trip ride. Last year, the Navigator also won the North American Truck of the Year. Both will be on display in Grand Rapids, even though the 2020 Aviator won’t be available until later in the year at dealership showrooms. The Lincoln Aviator, a seven passenger three row SUV blends both power and thoughtful luxury that represents something remarkable. Captivating exterior design lines, interior roominess and ample power give rise to the feeling of flight and a sensation that both soothes and excites.
- Great Scott Marty…we’re headed Back to the Future! A highlight of this year’s display is an iconic 1982 DeLorean DMC-12 in the Gilmore Car Museum display. A fun and interactive element is that the museum will be inviting visitors to the Auto Show to snap pictures of themselves with the car with some fantastic prizes for the most creative, movie-inspired pictures shared on social media (with the official contest hashtags).
- Infiniti QX50 – with its ProPILOT Assist technology enhancing your drive with a variety of innovative features like hands-on steering assistance to help keep you centered in your lane and advanced Intelligent Cruise Control which adjusts itself across a full range of speeds. Oh, and it has the world’s first production-ready Variable Compression Turbo engine AND is classy looking as well.
- The Great American Muscle Cars are back…in all their powerful glory. These high-performance vehicles include the 2019 Ford Mustang 350R and 2019 Chevy Camaro Yenko SC (one of only 25 manufactured), then get behind the wheel of the 797hp 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye (which runs the quarter mile in 10.8 seconds at 131mph).
- Toyota Racing will be showcasing the Toyota Supra Xfinity, making its debut in 2019 and the Toyota Camry Cup Car from 2018 being brought into town specifically for Auto Show attendees to see up close. Look for them in the Toyota display area.
SPECIAL FEATURES & ACTIVITIES
- First Responders Day on Opening Day – Thursday, January 31 when we’ll offer FREE admission for active EMS, Fire, Police, Public Safety, Coast Guard and also active Military and retired Veterans who can show valid I.D., badge or other verification.
- PLUS…we’ll be showcasing a handful of Emergency Vehicles at the show including 3 firetrucks from Wyoming, Michigan based HME Ahrens-Fox® (an aerial, custom pumper and mini pumper) – all of which will be accessible to attendees to GET INSIDE to check out all the bells and whistles, a cruiser, Segway, Spyder and BMW motorcycle from the Grand Rapids Police Department, a Hummer from the Kent County Sheriff’s Department and three vintage vehicles in the Gilmore Car Museum display (including a 1926 Chevrolet Fire Truck, a 1928 Model A Ford Fire Truck and a 1957 Ford Custom 300 State of Michigan Patrol Car).
- Gentex Inc., is featuring the ArtPrize 3D digital display Horizon – an immersive art experience by Phantasm featuring Cadillac – in their display in the Grand Gallery.
- Get hands-on with the Toyota Drive Center where you can get behind the wheel of the all-new RAV4, Camry, Highlander and Tacoma and take them for a spin around downtown on a specially-designed street course. Available daily (set hours) in the northeast corner of Exhibit Hall A (must be 18 years of older with a valid driver’s license).
- RacingAwareness returns this year showcasing their Modified Race Car that will be ready for opening day at Berlin Raceway in nearby Marne. You can also take part in the Pit Crew Tire Change Competition – where you and your friends can see who has the skill and composure to change out the race car tire the quickest. All for fun and in support of the Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital Foundation!
- The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has several collegiate design competitions and this year, teams from Ferris State University, Grand Valley State University, Hope College and Western Michigan University will be on hand to show off their cars and talk about the skill and engineering behind building them.
- Big Game Tailgate Area. We’re bringing our “game” to the Auto Show. Attempt your best corn hole toss – the person to sink the most corn hole bags in a row, will WIN an ULTIMATE B-93 ticket package including Kenny Chesney, Dierks Bentley, Alan Jackson, Jason Aldean, Faster Horses and MORE. The competition runs all weekend long with a winner announced Sunday via social media.
- Car Enthusiast Challenge: All attendees are invited to identify the make, model and year of a car by sight for a chance to WIN $1,000! The catch, the car has been compacted into a 4x4x4 cube (thanks to Padnos). Check this out in the back of Exhibit Hall A. Each attendee gets just one chance to guess the correct answer…and if there is a tie, the closest guess on the weight will be tie-breakers.
- Ford Forza Simulator. For fun of all ages, jump on in the seat of the Ford Forza and try to beat the best time yet at the Auto Show in Grand Rapids.
- Throughout the show, be on the lookout for Gizmo the Robot as he wanders the show floor, entertaining attendees of all ages and taking photos or stop by the Prigeon & Clay booth to meet their new robot, Baxter.
- Foto Fun. Check the Auto Show floorplan (in the program or online) and you will find small camera icons at special areas created for SNAP & SHARE on Facebook Instagram and/or Twitter (#GRAutoShow)…including:
- Million $ Motorway – Ready to take that Maserati for a spin?
- In the Gilmore Car Museum – Jump back from the future…1982 DeLorean (with a special contest and prizes from GCM) and the 1926 Fire Truck (a red-hot photo op!)
- Photos with Emergency Vehicles from the Grand Rapids Police Department on the Spyder, Segway6, or even the BMW Motorcycle. Plus, with the HME firetrucks!
- And so many more…
The 21st Annual Michigan International Auto Show, hosted by the Grand Rapids New Car Dealers Association, is one of 14 consumer expositions produced by ShowSpan Inc., in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1945, ShowSpan – a Studio C Company – has grown to be one of the largest producers of consumer shows in the Midwest.
Michigan International Auto Show: January 31-February 3, 2019
Thursday, January 31 11:00am – 9:30pm*
Friday, February 1 11:00am – 9:30pm*
Saturday, February 2 10:00am – 9:30pm
Sunday, February 3 10:00am – 5:00pm
Admission: $12 adults, $5 children aged 6 to 14. Kids 5 and under are admitted free.
*Planning on attending Thursday or Friday? Enter Promo Code “AUTO” in the box below or on the ticketing page to get $2 off each adult ticket purchased! Discount ticket not valid on Saturday or Sunday.
#GRAutoShow | #YourDriveStartsHere
PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST