FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Dianna Stampfler, Show Publicist (269-330-4228 | email@example.com)
Dawn Baker, Show Manager (616 447-2860 ext. 1011 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
Henri Boucher, Show Producer (616-447-2860 | email@example.com)
Trucks, Trucks & More Trucks Roll Into
Michigan International Auto Show
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — Trucks have always been a part of the Michigan International Auto Show, but this year, pickups of all sizes, makes and models are making their presence known in a BIG way. Over the four-day show, January 31-February 3, manufacturers will be showing off their latest and greatest trucks inside DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids.
- Stop by the Gentex, Inc., display the Grand Gallery to check out the customized, Michigan-themed 2018 Chevy Colorado. Featuring a fully integrated refrigerator/freezer, pull-out stove, a remote-controlled roof-mounted tent and a built-in YETI jockey box that cools and dispenses your favorite microbrew from a keg mounted discretely under the vehicle, this truck is a show-stopper.
- Two of America’s most noted companies – Ford Motor Company and Harley-Davidson have teamed up to bring you this magnificent Limited Edition Ford Harley Davidson F-150 as part of Harley’s 115th anniversary celebration.
- The all-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator is the only open-air pickup truck in the industry, delivering legendary Jeep® 4×4 capability to take you off the beaten path. It has been engineered from the ground up to deliver best-in-class towing (7650lbs) and payload (1600lbs). For the ultimate in open-air freedom, fold the windshield and remove all four doors. Then, add in versatile truck bed features like a three-position tailgate, an available roll-up tonneau cover and an available 115-volt power outlet.
- Check out the aluminum MultiPro tailgate (which can be configured in six different ways) on the 2019 GMC Sierra. Built to be both flexible and functional while minimizing effort and maximizing achievement with new positions that were never before possible in a pickup including an enhanced second-tier loading and load-stop solutions, as well as a standing workstation and easier access to items in the box. A step entry and egress mode that, when paired with the assist handle, offers both step and seated functionality. Also, a Finalist for the North American Truck of the Year.
- Reigning in both the 2019 North American Truck of the Year AND the 2019 MotorTrend Truck of the Year honors this year, the all-new Ram 1500 simply has no competition. With the most towing and hauling capability ever in a Ram 1500, as well as improved efficiency and exceptional available off-road capability, this truck has the grit to take on any task. A bold new exterior with a sculpted design, smart cargo management and advanced technology push the boundaries of what you think a truck can be. We’ll have 4 different 1500s at the Show (as well as one 2500 and one 3500). This truck was also awarded the 2019 Best Auto Tech Award from Kelley Blue Book noting its eTorque mild hybrid system as well as a fourth generation of the company’s easy-to-use Uconnect system, 12-inch reconfigurable touch screen and more than 100 safety features.
- Just when you thought the Raptor was as extreme as an F-150 could get, Shelby American revealed an even wilder, modified version. Equipped with 75 more horsepower, even more capable Fox Racing shocks, and a bunch of off road-ready exterior improvements, the Shelby Baja Raptor is your new ultimate off-road Ford.
- The Topper Shop has configured a 2018 Chevy 1500 with specialty aftermarket automotive accessories including a 6.5 coil over lift kit from BDS, 35/12.50R20 Fuel Grippers tires, 20×12 fuel Stoke wheels with a –46 offset, Fab Four Grumper front bumper, Fab four V-Cowl, and rear bumper with LED lights, Air Design rockers, tailgate and Fender flares, Amp Research XL power boards, and A.R.E. Revo topper. Check it out in the back of Hall A.
- The Ford Ranger is back. Seven years after this midsize truck was discontinued for North America (but continued to be sold in the rest of the world) it returned to showrooms this month. Ford Co-Pilot 360™ (driver-assisted technology) comes standard in the Ranger XLT and LARIAT, it is optional on the XL. There is a crew cab for the first time, as well as SuperCab (no regular cab, two-door work truck for this market). The Rangers are built at the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan (which used to make the Focus and the C-Max), where the Bronco SUV will be made in 2020.
- 1999 Ford Ranger Electric Vehicle (EV) in the Gilmore Car Museum display in the Grand Gallery. To sell autos in California, manufacturers needed to offer the public an electric vehicle. The pickup was actually only offered as a lease to fleets and Ford employees; only about 1,400 were ever produced. This truck was donated to the museum by a Ford Design Team member involved with EV project. Interestingly, the big three sued the state of California over the requirement (and won), so the EV Rangers were dropped just a few years later.
- Wyoming, Michigan based HME Ahrens-Fox® will display three firetrucks in the Grand Gallery including an aerial, custom pumper and mini pumper. Not only will attendees be able to get up close to see these magnificent vehicles, but they’ll be able to get inside them to check out all the bells and whistles.
The 21st Annual Michigan International Auto Show, hosted by the Grand Rapids New Car Dealers Association, is one of 14 consumer expositions produced by ShowSpan Inc., in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1945, ShowSpan – a Studio C Company – has grown to be one of the largest producers of consumer shows in the Midwest.
Michigan International Auto Show: January 31-February 3, 2019
Thursday, January 31 11:00am – 9:30pm*
Friday, February 1 11:00am – 9:30pm*
Saturday, February 2 10:00am – 9:30pm
Sunday, February 3 10:00am – 5:00pm
Admission: $12 adults, $5 children aged 6 to 14. Kids 5 and under are admitted free.
*Planning on attending Thursday or Friday? Enter Promo Code “AUTO” in the box below or on the ticketing page to get $2 off each adult ticket purchased! Discount ticket not valid on Saturday or Sunday.
#GRAutoShow | #YourDriveStartsHere
PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST