2020 MEDIA FACT SHEET
WHAT: 22nd Annual Michigan International Auto Show
Thursday, January 30 11:00am – 9:30pm
Friday, January 31 11:00am – 9:30pm
Saturday, February 1 10:00am – 9:30pm
Sunday, February 2 10:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday, January 29 1:00pm – 3:00pm (MEDIA PREVIEW WALK THROUGH)
Wednesday, January 29 6:00pm – 9:30pm (Charity Spectacular – Benefitting Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital and broadcast live from 7-8pm on WOOD TV8)
WHERE: DeVos Place in Downtown Grand Rapids. 303 Monroe St NE
INFO: Your drive starts here!
Michigan’s Winter Auto Show is the greatest annual opportunity for the public to view their “next new car” with hundreds of new vehicles on display – trucks, SUVs, crossovers, electrics, hybrids and luxury vehicles – and factory representatives from more than 35 different manufacturers. Sit inside these automobiles to see how they feel when it comes to leg room, interior height, dash design and storage. Product specialists are also on hand to answer questions about the latest trends in technology, “safety” amenities, eco-friendly options and other features.
The 22nd Annual Michigan International Auto Show, hosted by the Grand Rapids New Car Dealers Association, is one of 14 consumer expositions produced by ShowSpan Inc., in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1945, ShowSpan – a Studio C Company – is the largest producer of consumer shows in the Midwest.
- Gentex makes its first appearance in the M$M with a 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera (valued at $370,000) featuring their digital vision with the Hybrid Camera Monitoring System (CMS). And, back by popular demand…the Gentex’s Michigan-themed Chevy Colorado Z71 (with a modified crew cab for camping and outdoor adventure complete with a built-in YETI jockey box that cools and dispenses you favorite craft brew) along with a heavily modified Polaris RZR with a complementary Michigan-themed wrap, SmartBeam-controlled light bar, R-Series FDM and other Gentex technology options.
- Special Feature Vehicles including:
- 2019 BMW M5 PDX Widebody Showcar – the only build of its kind in North America being UNVEILED;
- 2016 Camaro SS Widebody featured at the SEMA Show (and CSR2 racing video game featured car);
- 2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder featuring full 1016 Industries Forged Carbon Aerodynamic Program and more – the first one in Michigan.
- TReK 2020 Land Rover – with a Proud Rhino TReK package from Lucky 8 Off-Road.
- Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray – MotorTrend 2020 Car of Year – the first-ever production mid-engine Corvette represents the fastest, most powerful entry-level Corvette in the vehicle’s 66-year history. This vehicle is not available in dealerships until late spring or early summer…but you can see it HERE at the Michigan International Auto Show!
- Other top “Vehicles of the Year” (MotorTrend and the North American vehicles) include:
- Kia Telluride – North American SUV of the Year and MotorTrend SUV of the Year;
- 2020 RAM Heavy Duty (with added side storage) – MotorTrend Truck of the Year;
- Jeep Gladiator – North American Truck of the Year.
- Get trucking! Another impressive line-up of trucks of all shapes and sizes, including the 2020 Ford F-150 Crew Cab with Pure Michigan leather package; 2020 Ram Big Horn Rumbler with Performance Borla Exhaust and Lift; 2020 Chevrolet Blazer custom midsize edition from Hancock; 2020 Custom Great Lake edition Hyundai Palisade.
- Electrics & Hybrids including the Jaguar I-PACE – all electric luxury, as well as the Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier; Hyundai Ioniq HEV Limited; Nissan Leaf SL; Toyota Corolla Hybrid LE; Prius Prime LTD; and Rav4 Hybrid XSE.
- Take a trip down automotive memory lane with the Gilmore Car Museum, this year featuring wagons…including a 1919 Ford Model T wagon on which later editions were based on. Other cars include a 1950 Chevy, 1948 Packard, a 1972 Olds Vista Cruiser (That 70s Show), and 1989 Chevy with its rear-facing seats.
- A collection of 18 luxury and exotic vehicles fills the Million Dollar Motorway, including models from Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, Rolls Royce and more, valued collectively at $4.5 million.
- Great American Muscle Cars with the 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1 ($67,805), 2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye ($84,550) and 2020 Ford Shelby GT350 ($66,270).
- Don’t miss the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 – the most powerful production car that Ford has ever built.
- Toyota Drive Center – a chance to get behind the wheel of the RAV4 Hybrid, Tundra, Prius and Camry and take them for a spin around downtown on a specially designed street course. Available daily (set hours) in the northeast corner of Exhibit Hall A (must be 18 years of older with a valid driver’s license).
PRICES: $12 adults, $5 children aged 6 to 14. Kids 5 and under are admitted free.
FIRST RESPONDERS DAY: Thursday, January 30 (Opening Day) with FREE admission for active EMS, Fire, Police, Public Safety, Coast Guard and also active Military and retired Veterans who can show valid I.D., badge or other verification.
PARKING: There is plenty of close by parking – beneath DeVos Place, across the street and connected by skywalk.
For more information, click here.
**NEW** Take the complimentary trolley…just park in the Dash Lot Area 9 on Seward ($2 total) and hop aboard the Trolley which will be making runs on an 8-minute loop for an hour before the show opens to an hour after the show closes each day.