2022 MEDIA FACT SHEET
WHAT: 24th Annual Michigan International Auto Show Presented by Gentex
Thursday, February 3 – 11:00am – 9:30pm
Friday, February 4 – 11:00am – 9:30pm
Saturday, February 5 – 10:00am – 9:30pm
Sunday, February 6 – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday, February 2 (1-3pm) – Media Preview @ DeVos Place
Wednesday, February 2 (5:30-8pm) – VIP Preview Party Presented by Gentex Corporation
WHERE: DeVos Place in Downtown Grand Rapids. 303 Monroe St NE
INFO: Put it in Drive!
Michigan’s Winter Auto Show is the greatest annual opportunity for the public to view their “next new car” with new vehicles from over 20 manufacturers – trucks, SUVs, crossovers, electrics, hybrids and performance vehicles. Sit inside these vehicles to see how they feel when it comes to leg room, interior height, dash design and storage. Learn about the latest trends in technology, “safety” amenities, eco-friendly options and other features.
- Michigan-based Gentex Corporation is returning as the presenting sponsor of the 24th Annual Michigan International Auto Show, held February 3-6, 2022 at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids. In its feature space in the Grand Gallery, Gentex will unveil its latest build – a massive, heavily modified 2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Box (2LT) paired with a companion 2021 Vorsheer OXC (Extreme Overland Camper). This impressive unit made its national debut at SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) – the premier trade-only event featuring specialty equipment manufacturing displays – in early November in Las Vegas.
- Label Motorsports will unveil Project Vouno, a C8 full carbon fiber fender replacement Widebody and 29-piece forged carbon fiber aerodynamic program. The C8 Corvette has completely custom titanium mid-bumper-existing exhaust, aerodynamic-ducted hood integrated into the front bumper and the world’s largest billet 8 piston brake system. Gentex partnered with Label Motorsports and together created the forged carbon fiber view mirror, lighted “LM” blind spot exterior mirrors and clear taillight package. This will be the first time the public will be able to view it in person fresh off its debut at the 2021 SEMA show in Las Vegas…on display in the Grand Gallery.Other featured vehicles in this display include:
- 2021 BMW X3M Competition: One of the world’s highest performing SUV’s and a vehicle that performance vehicle enthusiasts have recently flocked to, due to the practicality of being able to drive it year-round, the ability to fit 4 people in, and still possesses amazing performance figures more aligned with high performance cars.
- 2020 Ferrari 812 Superfast: A prime example of what happens when an automaker commits to crafting a vehicle that offers the best performance money can buy.
- 2017 Porsche 991.2 Turbo: What can you say about a car that hits 60 mph in 2.6 seconds? That it’s quick, and that quick is beautiful.
- 2014 Audi R8: Undeniably a supercar, with supercar power and supercar speed, on and off the track.
- Cars & Coffee Grand Rapids will display 3 Ford GTs are sure to draw crowds to the Grand Gallery (near the river) to see a 1965 Ford GT40 (owned by Guys Meyjes from Cadillac), a 2006 Ford Heritage Edition and a 2018 Ford GT in “Epic Orange” (an accidental color that turned to be a unique one-of-a-kind feature), the latter two are both owned by local car enthusiasts Brian and Amy Trahey of Grand Ledge. This display is dedicated to Brian Trahey, who died in a tragic work-related diving accident in July 2021, and his passionate life of cars and family. Read more about Brian’s story here.
For more about the distinctions and history of the Ford GT: https://www.kbb.com/car-news/ford-gt-a-comparison-of-three-generations/.
- Gilmore Car Museum: Things have certainly changed in the American Auto Industry that is now more than 120 years old. As the auto industry continues to move away from the production of passenger sedans and shifts to larger SUVs and Crossovers, it may be time to review where such vehicles have come. We can’t think of a better way than checking out the rare and wonderful vehicles showcased by the Gilmore Car Museum, now located in Hall C. View the complete list of featured Gilmore Car Museum vehicles HERE.
- * NEW FEATURE * The opportunity to ride in one of these classic cars, on a closed indoor course: 1903 Columbia Electric Runabout or a 1927 Ford Model T Sedan.
- * NEW FEATURE * Kids Ride-n-Drive: This year, we’re putting the kids in the driver’s seat! Featuring Ferrari, Aston Martin, BMW, Land Rover and Mustang on a closed indoor driving course in Hall C.
- * NEW * Subaru Loves Pets: A core principle of the Subaru Loves Pets initiative is an ongoing commitment to help all pets find their perfect, loving home. Subaru stands by this commitment through a scale of actions; from supporting local pet-adoption efforts to being the ASPCA®’s largest corporate donor. Subaru is proud to have donated over $30 million to support the adoption, rescue, transport and health of more than 250,000 animals. We encourage Auto Show attendees to visit the Subaru display and consider adopting a pet. Those not looking to adopt today are invited to make a donation to help pets in the community. All donations and proceeds to our exhibit will go directly to the animals in our partner shelters.
- Electric & Hybrid Vehicles: If you are curious about electric and hybrid vehicles, look for the all-electric Ford Lightening Truck, all-electric BMW iX, Ford Maverick Hybrid Truck, Hyundai Sante Fe Hybrid, Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid and Volkswagen ID.4 Electric SUV. These vehicles highlight the latest in available fuel options and you can see them all in one place.
- * NEW * Consumer’s Energy: The team from Consumers will be on site educating people on what they need to know about preparing their homes for electric vehicles and charging stations.
- After Market Features
- Gas Pedal Customs: Hey Jeep lovers…check out the after-market customization of a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392, Hellcat-swapped 2014 Jeep Wrangler and 1983 Jeep CJ-7.
- The Topper Shop: Back this year with a Jeep Gladiator Overlander, ready to “wow” you with all the aftermarket components added so you are ready to adventure and explore this Great Lake State. Showcasing an Overland Tent, Addictive Desert Design racking, baskets, lift kit and so much more! And, a Chevy Silverado specialty build with lift kit, custom fiber, road armor and rough country packages, to make sure this vehicle is ready to hit the trail.
- Auto Image:Specializing in sunroof installation and custom leather upholstery, with over 80 years of installation combined experience! Stop by their display and check out the 2021 Ford Bronco (Sponsored by Fox Ford of Grand Rapids), 2022 Ford F-150 Relentless Rhino (Sponsored by Ed Koehn Ford in Greenville); 2022 Kia Sportage (Sponsored by Kia of North Grand Rapids); 2022 Jeep Gladiator (Sponsored by Champion Chrysler in Lansing); and 2022 Jeep Gladiator L (Sponsored by Harold Zeigler of Grandville).
- Million Dollar Motorway: Featuring performance and luxury vehicles that you can dream about, each with price tags of over $100,000. Located in the Grand Gallery, this year’s attendees will see the 2022 Lexus LS-500, 2022 Maserati Ghibli Trofeo Sedan, 2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4, 2022 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Convertible, 2020 Rolls Royce Phantom Sedan (worth a whopping $499,950), 2022 Cadillac Escalade and 2021 Lexus LC 500 Coupe.
- * NEW * Nightly Music from Local DJs: Nightly music adds to the festival environment of the show, with well-known local DJs mixing it up from 7:30-9:30 Wednesday through Saturday including Music with AB (Adrian Butler), Ace Marasigan (with his son, Redd – who DJs for kids’ events) and Disco Brunch (Todd Ernst and Mike Sayaw). They’ll all be playing out of the Red Bull DJ Truck at the Back of Hall B/Hall C (near Gas Pedal Customs).
- Crushed Car from Padnos: Stop by the front of Hall A and take a shot at guessing the year, make and model of this pile of metal…that was once a car, before being compacted by Padnos!
The 24th Annual Michigan International Auto Show is presented by Gentex and hosted by the Grand Rapids New Car Dealers Association. It is one of 14 consumer expositions produced by ShowSpan Inc., in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1945, ShowSpan – a John D. Loeks / Studio C Company – has grown to be one of the largest producers of consumer shows in the Midwest.
FIRST RESPONDERS DAY: Thursday, February 3 (Opening Day) — FREE admission for active EMS, Fire, Police, Public Safety, Coast Guard and also active Military and retired Veterans who can show valid I.D., badge or other verification.
BUY TICKETS ONLINE (NO FEES): $12 adults, $5 children aged 6 to 14 (Kids 5 and under are admitted free).
PARKING: Take the complimentary trolley…just park in Dash Lot Area 9 on Seward ($2 total) and hop aboard the Trolley which will be making runs on an 8-minute loop beginning an hour before the show opens until an hour after the show closes each day.
There is also plenty of close by parking – beneath DeVos Place, across the street and connected by skywalk. For more information, click here.
PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Dianna Stampfler, Show Publicist: (269) 330-4228 | email@example.com
Dawn Baker, Show Manager: (616) 447-2860 ext 1011 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Henri Boucher, Show Producer: (616) 447-2860 ext 1071 | email@example.com