This version was last updated on January, 10 2022
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DATA SECURITY
- DATA RETENTION
- YOUR RIGHTS
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENT’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
Founded in 1944 by John D. Loeks, Jr., ShowSpan, Inc. is a consumer show producer with headquarters in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA. Our shows serve the cities and surrounding areas of Grand Rapids, Lansing and Novi Michigan, and Milwaukee Wisconsin.
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
ShowSpan, Inc.’s Contact Information
Our contact details are:
Mike Wilbraham, VP
2121 Celebration Dr. N.E. Grand Rapids, MI
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We or our service providers may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, job title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our Website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- conduct a survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Third-party sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below such as Google analytics.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances: (a) where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you; (b) where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and rights do not override those interests; (c) where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. We use your data in the following ways:
- To register you as a new guest;
- To process and deliver your order, manage payments, fees, and charges;
- Manage our relationship with you;
- To enable you to complete a survey;
- To administer and protect our Website;
- To deliver relevant Website content and advertisements to you;
- To use data analytics to improve our Website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
Marketing and Outreach
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing. You can manage the marketing and outreach we provide to you by opting out, which is described in the “Opting Out” section below.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by replying to a marketing email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line or by Contacting us at any time.
We may place “cookies” on the browser of your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies may enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies may be used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized information for your use, and otherwise facilitate your experience using the Website. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Website.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function so that your browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that disabling this function may impact your use and enjoyment of this Website.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Those trusted third-party partners may:
- Provide you and members with various services
- Provide database maintenance and security
- Help us manage transactions
- Help us process and fulfill orders or requests
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent to us processing your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have a complaint please Contact us. ShowSpan commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Inquiries or complaints regarding the processing of personal data should first be directed to ShowSpan at 616-447-2860.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENT’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Account’ page.
ShowSpan does not track its Users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore or does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
SALE OF CONSUMER SHOW TICKETS AND EXHIBIT SPACE
Implied Acceptance of Terms Through Use
Copyright and Trademark Notice
This website is owned and operated by ShowSpan. Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this website, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Studio C or used under license. The contents of this website are available to you for personal use only and may not be reproduced, distributed, adapted or otherwise used without the written permission of ShowSpan and its licensors. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this website may violate copyright, trademark, service mark or other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.